The Caring Network is to provide integrated primary health care services to designated communities within the Western Cape through both Home and Community based care.
Home Community Based Care Project Wallacedene (Head Office)
Home Community Based Care Project Bloekombos
Home Community Based Care Project Bishop Lavis
We have 106 community health workers who:
• provide community- based nutrition rehabilitation, promotion of mental health and healthy lifestyles, women’s health, and chronic disease prevention, including TB/HIV. • conduct pregnancy testing if required and refer pregnant women for BANC. Conduct supportive postnatal visits within 3-5 days from when the women return home.
• provide information on preventing transmission of COVID-19 in the communities.
• assist with household delivery of chronic medication (CDU).
• assist with physical care including support for activities of daily living (feeding, bathing, dressing, turning, care in bed) as well as wound care.
• support abuse prevention and response education and refer for child protection.
• provide linkage for unwanted pregnancy and safe abortion services if cases identified.
• screen households visited for TB symptoms and refer for TB diagnosis and treatment if identified.
• provide information on preventing transmission of COVID-19.
• follow up mental health patients at home as referred by the primary care facility.
• visit palliative care patients when the family or primary care facility reports a problem.
• facilitate appropriate referral for health services, rehabilitation (acute impairments) and social support where required.
The Caring Network is an Implementing partner for this Project in partnership with NACCW and NACOSA.
The programme aims to address vulnerability of Orphans and Vulnerable Children and Youth (Stable, Healthy, Schooled, Safety) and preventing HIV/AIDS in vulnerable populations focusing on orphans and vulnerable children.
The model used by ISIBINDI IMPILO is an Integrated Case-Management approach. 55 Child and Youth Care-workers are providing services in The Northern/Tygerberg sub-district.
We consist of a dedicated team of full-time, contracted and volunteer staff that serve in a variety of fields.